Navigation

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Facing the Outbreak



As we all know, the Coronavirus (Covid-19) disease kept claiming its victims throughout the world and we still do our best to flatten the progressively-climbing curve. So many things have been postponed or even canceled to an extent, all to avoid potential spreading of the virus. However, not all hope is lost as a slew of new events, mostly e-Sports series. To this day, the pandemic still continues until God knows when, hopefully that this can be over soon although it won't be that soon.

As for myself, well, the past couple of months have been, if I can say so myself, just like last year, only with a couple of differences here and there. Last year, I just completed distributing my Bachelor's thesis and prepared myself for the road towards graduation which was at the end of June and searched for jobs in-between. This year, I stay home with my family still and went to zero destination due to the pandemic (except for buying necessities) and a month ago I am finally employed in a social organization after no luck in numerous interviews. Apart from that, I spent my time more on mobile gaming than doing anything on PC.

This has been quite a period with the pandemic still going on. Despite being free of my past, I still couldn't able to work any project I wanted to do after the Bachelor's thesis, not even my existing WIPs. Writer's block kept haunting me from writing my new blog post, often I somehow back out every time I wanted to continue for some reason, same with Creator's block and my WIPs I've worked on. I wish I can recover from these but obviously this will take time.

On a brighter side, however, I tried learning a couple of new things as of late.  After not bothering with Instagram for a while, I took my time to showcase my attempt at making the Dalgona Coffee. To be honest, I don't really care about how a coffee like that is a viral sensation, but I just follow several tutorials of making them on YouTube and just tried it myself, twice. I posted my first attempt, while the second was somehow a failure. It's an interesting recipe nonetheless, and I started to browse other recipes with simple ingredients for future reference, something I'll do after this fasting month. Though I haven't got back to either making Dalgonas or Instagramming again since...

Revisiting things is yet another agenda on the line during the lockdown, and I've finally reconnected myself with design tutorials and UI designing. I know that I have abilities in web programming but I'm more of a front-end person given that I've invested myself on graphic design stuffs for my entire life, hence my restart at UI designing. Now that I've employed, I could think about doing more of the UI designing works to sharpen up myself, which would later branch out to the web programming, something which will come in handy for the organization's future web project.

Another thing to note is that I've started playing more with Adobe Illustrator after years in Photoshop, improving my vector drawing skills on the go. So far I've utilized Illustrator more for the organization's projects, harnessing more on vector which can be useful for when things needed to be bigger. I always wanted to visit Illustrator at one point despite my focus on Photoshop, especially after the first time I used it to design my CV whose design I carried from Photoshop. I've used PS for everything, even poster and advertorial works, for my college organization I was in, as you can see on my portfolio I posted on Behance (speaking of Behance, I probably need to think about uploading more work soon...).

Last but not least is that I've started to reconnect with some of my friends. It's still on a slow pace as I only reconnected with those from the organization I joined, but I hope I can do this with others. If this lockdown taught me something, it has to be the fact that I need to reconnect with everything; my old stuffs and my friends, for starters.

I must find my strength now...

~[R]

No comments:

Post a Comment