Navigation

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

RnTheAndrian Goes Professional!

After a number of considerations, I have decided that maintaining my Behance profile is the way to go. Despite my lack of luck in job interviews for the past year, I always wanted to have a portfolio page where I can dump some of my works there. Previously, I crammed in a number of works on my CV file within the second page. It did help, but the portfolio within the CV didn't have that much kick.

Before this, I opened a deviantArt account years back, but has since never touched it, ever. Despite intentions of posting my works there, no execution of any kind was done despite even I featured my own dA account on the site at some point. The idea of an online portfolio has never gotten into me until earlier this year in a bid to create a much better portfolio than just a series of personal work dumps within the CV. This is what drove me to eventually create a Behance account and start posting my projects a couple of days later, but obviously I will need more work in presentation remembering that this is my first time I created an online portfolio. Apparently, this website's ability to showcase work portfolio isn't limited to graphic design projects so I can dump a number of web design and motion graphic stuffs as well.

My biggest conflict was my amount of personal projects against the number of projects I actually did for organizations and stuffs, but that stems from my comparing own works with those with years of work experiences. Even before I conceived an online portfolio, I always thought that my works were "just stuffs" and that's it, apart from my organizational works that is. I ended up with inserting a logo for my friend's Instagram-based shop, a number of 3D works (including the low-poly racing scene and the low-poly Earp Homestead), and even cars from Turbo Sliders and MiniRacingOnline. Yes, I actually put game stuffs as graphic assets worthy of being featured in portfolio, because why not? These are scratch-made after all. If Bao T. Nguyen's Auto Modellista-inspired creation thought me something about how great personal projects are done, why not? Those doubts has been vanished, though it kinda needed its own media as time goes. Also, the VS Racing 2 work by Martin Öberg got me thinking about how treating my Turbo Sliders cars as enhanced graphical assets in addition of being an add-on as well. Worth to try!

Please do enjoy my online portfolio! More projects will be added soon as time goes. I hope you readers enjoy my works as much as I do!

~[R]

No comments:

Post a Comment