Navigation

Saturday, January 4, 2020

The Decade's End (Entering the new one)

I actually revisited my Bachelor's thesis presentation art and turned it into a New Year's festivity. Helps that it also doubles as a one-year anniversary of my document's completion.
At last, the 2010s has finally ended and we're now into a new decade. If I have to be honest, it's been quite an emotional ride, both personally and on the internet. Coming to the decade with a "brute force" approach and progressively gaining purpose on what I've been doing, and later leaning towards real-life stuffs as the decade's conclusion came closer, it has been ten years full of all ups and downs as I learned and discovered new stuffs.

Looking back, the last decade was a mix of creating contents and playing something, although by the end of the decade I almost felt like I kinda lost my motivation for doing what I usually did for the past ten years, whether it's creating new stuffs for the top-down racers I always did or similar. My work on the Bachelor's Thesis last year must've taken its toll on me particularly due to the fact that I had to re-learn everything: changing the topic due to the difficulty in the introduction chapter, last-minute programming language changes, and learning the coding architecture of the base project for the thesis. Things were all done during the first half of last year, leaving the one million dollar chase for the second half to be the new main focus: job search. I always thought to myself that last year was the year where I could recover from what I've suffered through the year before (or in short, a revival), which thankfully I did, and now I wanted the new year to become a year where I revisit things while honing myself, both my skills and my personality, in a campaign to snatch a sustainable job.

Now that I mentioned "revisit things," there are a couple of things I would want to do after all the work I've done last year. I know that in a span of two years I've been into a couple of things, like Excel spreadsheets and web designing for example, as well as 3D modeling. I even thought about trying to make my own game as well, something I've never done before since a long time ago, promising myself that I would visit this after I'm done with college. Better yet, more blog posts are on their way here! Perhaps I can attempt beating my personal record of having 30 blog posts in 2014 (one of my busiest content making eras) for this year, and go for at least one post per month since I know I'll be juicing the most out of this blog now.

The long-term to-do list is still intact with improvements coming as I shall revisit stuffs throughout this year. I know that some might not find this as their cup of coffee, but some of these stuffs are actually designed to be a perpetual journey whose skill sets are utilized in both hobby and real-life occasions, not the type of "New Year's Resolution" you may come across in some, which I don't really mind if you have one. Apparently, this mindset was something I did write five years ago, and the point I made was that execution always prevail, although there are of course planning to do beforehand. The thing is, no matter what year or day we're in, things in the to-do list and set goals live on with everyone, anyone can do whatever thing they want anytime, anywhere, provided enough planning has been made. To call back a Quora answer written by Oliver Emberton which I linked exactly on the post five years ago, "once you pass through a door, you can never go back."

2019 had its fair share of ups and downs, and the 2010s have shaped a lot of things throughout progression. 2020 has been off to an awkward start since the Australian bushfires are still ongoing since September and we Indonesians started out with a heavy rainfall from the start of the year and, unfortunately, severe flooding in the capital city. While there are so many stuffs I would look forward that I couldn't list them one by one, I wish that both of these happenings come to an end, hoping that there's an action taken by respective governments, and that the people in both places stay safe.

The year is now 2020 and the new fight starts here. That said, Happy New Year, readers!

~[R]

No comments:

Post a Comment