Tuesday, March 11, 2014


1st March 2014 was a bitter date to remember. The night before, I felt that my health dropped and wasn't going well, that is when I found out the next day I was diagnosed with Typhus, which means that I am NOT exempt from the Typhus which my father had months ago. It was quite saddening because I had to do my college assignment, preparing myself for my forum game and Fandom March Madness, and continuing my works on upcoming GeneRally and Turbo Sliders tracks, and that my Typhus spelt delay to them.


It started when I was riding myself home after my friend's funeral in which I felt all tired up. For your information, my friend died of an accident when he was on his way to the college, and I was desperately wanted to attend his funeral with my college friends, but I wasn't able to, until that I found out two of my college friends weren't there and planned to do so.

With the mission accomplished and we parted ways (as my two friends had to do something which is their business and not mine) I remembered that the way to my late friend's house IS exactly the way to return from Puri Indah Mall and decided to cut down the travel time by riding there, which took more than an hour due to traffic. This is the point where I don't feel energetic at all as I tried to do my college assignment, and when that time came, my rest of the night didn't go smoothly.

Things worsened as I woke up the next day and knew that I was unwell, so I told my mother to do some treatment for me as I watched an episode of Casshern and Gorenger. However, as I went to the hospital with my father, I was diagnosed as Typhus as an answer to why I was unwell since I went home from my friend's funeral. My hectic and boring days started there...


Given the fact that I had to take drips after knowing that I suffered from Typhus, I was stripped from anything that involves my computer, which means any stupid thing imaginable that I should've done earlier was delayed big time. All my days were filled by bed rests and water was a must to drink at all times in order to rise up my Thrombocyte.

Things went for worse as my Thrombocyte got lower and lower and then reached its lowest score of 25K, approximately 1/5 of the normal score. Even though I still have my smartphone to do all the passing through jobs, my days were still really bland as, well, as I said, everyday was filled with bed rest and water drinking, plus taking medicines and have the doctor who treated me pinch the needle to me for blood checking purposes. At this stage also my appetite didn't go well as I failed finishing up all the courses, be it a breakfast, a lunch, or even a dinner. My appetite was screwing up and I didn't lie.

Thankfully some of my college friends who were able to see me came to check my condition. I'm glad that there are friends who could see my condition; it entertained me as we talked things and shared laughs while not forgetting that they hoped me to get well as soon as possible. Although I have to say that living without my computer would be so bland, but I know that there were things to note, and slow internet in the morning is one of them.


Everything got better as my Thrombocyte increased. Although it was gaining slowly, but I could feel that the Finish Line was "steps away", though I had to step up my water-drinking game so that it could gain faster. As I was closer to that finish line, I took the chance to snuggle myself to turn on musics in my computer. See? I crossed the line once just to enjoy the musics I wanted to listen for the past eight days because I finished "digging up" several local TV shows already that I've found conclusions and wanted to listen musics again.

I even am surprised one of Indonesia's TV stations has nerves of steel to air (dubbed) Kamen Rider OOO; it's been a long time that we haven't received a Kamen Rider series airing since Den-O. But all this popped out a question: Why don't they do it since Kiva onwards?

The next day, however, spelt the end of the suffering as my Thrombocyte reached almost 70K, but that wasn't all; my relatives brought something that could "boost" myself so I could be free from the drips faster than expected: Pizza. Not one, but two boxes of Pizzas and a bunch of breads. YES. I AM SERIOUS. There were more ammunitions than I could expect. Since I am a fan of pizzas, I ate slices by slices without worry. And by the time the final needle pinch commenced, I could feel that I would be free from the drips, and yes, I was free from the drips and able to do things normally once more, but I cannot just go all out cluelessly at the next day since I have to take a mandatory rest first. Fast forward to the present time, I finally can do stupid things normally as I would love to as my condition went back to normal and that I could go to the college once more after a week without it.

Typhus can be a bitch; it would make you unwell and drop the Thrombocyte you have in your body at unexpected times, and that could cost you your precious activities. Just make sure you don't do stupid things that could invite Typhus such as opening yourself even when riding your way home no matter how tired you are (read: put your jacket off), and do drink lots of water and get a bedrest if you happen to get one of these...